Avalakki masala bath / poha masala bhath recipe- detailed video instructions in kannada .
Try this quick, easy and tasty breakfast dish, good for lunch box as well. Avalakki masala bath is No onion No garlic, gluten free, and vegan breakfast. In this recipe I have used the vangibhath powder, if you don’t have one you can use red chilli powder as mentioned in the recipe,
If you love avalakki / Poha you have to try these avalakki recipes such as HuLi avalakki, another variety of masala avalakki, interesting and tasty snack avalakki / poha cutlet. Avalakki bisibele baath And click here for more avalakki recipes ..
Ingredients for making avalakki masala bath:
- 1 cup gaTTi avalakki / thick poha
- 1.5 to 2 tbsp oil
- pinch of hing
- 2 tsp urad dal/split black gram
- 1 tsp chana dal / split bengal gram
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 medium size tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 to 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- finely chopped coriander leaves
- handful of dill leaves (finely chopped)
- 1.5 to 2 tsp vangi bhath powder or
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 15 to 20 curry leaves
- lemon / lime juice to taste
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- Wash and soak the avalakki/poha in 2 cups of water for 5 to 10 minutes
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan on medium low heat,once hot add hing, mustard seeds.
- After the mustard seeds sputters add dals, fry it until the dals turn golden brown
- Once the dals turn golden brown add green chillies and fry it , then add turmeric powder tomatoes, turmeric powder,stir it until the tomatoes become soft
- When the tomatoes become soft add the mint and dill leaves, stir it until the water evaporates,
- Then add vangi bhath powder, salt and jaggery powder, mix it well.
- Fry it for 1/2 minute and then add avalakki(squeeze the water from the soaked avalakki and then add)
- Mix it cover it and cook this on low heat for 2 minutes
- After 2 minutes – mix the avalakki bhath once again, add coconut, chopped coriander leaves,mix it. Turn off the heat
- Finally add lemon/lime juice. mix it and serve.
- you can add fried peanuts as well.