Please watch the video for detailed recipe of Curry Leaves Powder.
In this video my friend Anu shows us how to make “ curry leaves powder” . she is uses this powder to make the NEEM FLOWER Rice “ಬೇವಿನ ಹೂವಿನ ಅನ್ನ ” in our next recipe.
Curry leaves powder is healthy, tasty powder which can be stored for months.
Curry Leaves are part our south Indian Cooking. It is rich in calcium, iron, and phosphorous, And it is also rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. It also helps in flushing out the fat from the body. Curry leaves for weight loss is very well known and documented.
Split black gram or urad dal is very healthy, protein rich ingredient in this recipe. One cup of black lentil contains 13 grams of protein, high fiber and rich in Vitamins along with calcium, iron, copper, magnesium..
Coming to black pepper – Black pepper aids digestion, and adding black pepper to the diet helps to relieve the congestion. It reduces inflammation.
Overall this curry leaves powder has so much health benefits with absolutely amazing taste.
Use this karibevina pudi- ಕರಿಬೇವಿನ ಪುಡಿ with hot steamed rice and little bit of ghee or oil, add this to any dry curry to enhance the taste.
Ingredients: 1 cup = 250ml
- 1 cup curry leaves ( wash and dry )
- 1 cup split black gram / uddina bele / urad dal
- around 3 tbsp pepper
- around 2 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 big lemon size tamarind (make sure there are no seeds)
- 2 to 3 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp hing/ asafetida
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Heat the thick bottom pan on medium heat. Dry roast the pepper,until you hear the sputter, then add urad dal, roast it until the dals turn golden brown, transfer this to a plate
- Now keep the pan back on stove, and reduce the heat to medium low, dry roast the curry leaves until all the moisture evaporates, transfer this to the roasted dal.
- Keep the pan back on stove, add 1 tsp oil, fry the tamarind until it becomes warm, transfer this to the roasted dal and pepper, let everything cool completely before we powder it.
- Grind this mix to a fine powder.
we will make the seasoning:
- Heat 2 to 3 tsp oil, once hot add mustard seeds, after it pops add hing and turmeric powder, Turn off the heat.
- Add the powder to the prepared seasoning , mix it really well.
- Store it in an airtight container.
- you can eat this with hot rice and ghee or oil, you can add it to the palya as well.
- Please Watch the next Video for Neem Flower rice/ bevina huvina anna