Red Bell Pepper Chutney with flavorful pineapple – Healthy and delicious side dish for Dosa, Idli, rotis and more….
Bell peppers are delicious vegetable which contains vitamin C and A. It is a low calorie vegetable which can be consumed either in raw or in cooked form. Compared to green bell pepper, red one has more nutrients including antioxidant lycopene.
Here is very simple yet delicious No Onion No Garlic Red bell pepper along with flavorful pineapple chutney recipe.
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 big capsicum/bell pepper
- 2 tbsp chana dal
- ¼ tsp jeera /cumin seeds
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ cup pineapple chunks(optional)
- 5 to 6 red chillies
- Gooseberry size tamarind
- ¼ to ½ cup grated coconut
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- 1 to 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp jaggery
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 red chilli
- 3 to 4 curry leaves
- Pinch of hing
- Wash and cut the bell pepper,
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, fry the chana dal until it turns golden brown on medium heat.
- Then add cumin seeds, red chillies and chut capsicum, saute for a minute and then add pineapple along with curry leaves, coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix it and cover it, cook it for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add coconut, tamarind, and jaggery. Mix it and allow it to cool.
- Grind the above mix along with ¼ cup water to a coarse consistency and transfer it to a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a ladle on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough add hing, mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds pops add red chilli and curry leaves. Turn off the heat and add the seasoning to the chutney.
- Serve this Red bell pepper chutney with rava idli, idli, chapati and also as a bread spread, and pasta sauce.