Gowri habbada shubhashayagaLu.
For Gowri vratha, this link provides the vratha vidhana in audio format:
Swarna gowri vrata vidhaana (may need vlc player to play it)
This samvatsara is hEviLambi / Hemalambi.
This article is about how to arrange the Morada bagina or Gowri baagina and foods to prepare on this day.
Things to follow:
1. gejje vastra should be 16 hiDi and 16 eLe
2. you have to prepare minimum 2 baagina(marada jothe) or you can make 5
3. if it is first gowri habba you are celebrating after the marriage is prepare 16 marada jothe(baagina)
also for the first year put 2 unde( puri unde, kadlekayi unde..) and 2 obbattu and 2 chakli.
These are minimum menu items that is traditionally prepared on Gowri Festival
- Obbattina saaru (Holige rasam)
- Obbattu (if you are busy and obbattu cannot be prepared, huggi payasa is a must)
- 2 kosambari’s (hesaru bele (moong dal) and kadale bele (channa dal))
- 2 palyas (curries). like, Carrot palya, beans palya. Gojju
- Hasi majjige huli
- Dodda menasina kayi anna, or thuppanna or Lemon rice or vangi bath or any other simple kalasida anna
Checkout the complete menu list that is prepared for the Gowri festival at our Swayampaaka youtube channel.
- Mara/mora – 2 quantities
- 4 different dhals/bele – Thogari bele (Thoor dhal), Kadle bele (Channa dhal), Hesaru bele (Moong dhal), uddina bele (Urad Dhal), each 1/2 cup
- 2 cups of Rice
- 1/2 cup Godhi (wheat grains) or Rava
- 1 acchu (Jaggery block)
- Arishina (turmeric) and Kumkuma pair
- 1 kannu kappu or kappina dabbi(optional)
- 1 dozen bangles (usually 12, but 4 is also okay)
- 1 pair bichole
- 1 Karimani
- 1 kannadi (Mirror)
- 1 Baachanige (comb)
- 1 blouse piece
- VilEledele and Adike (Betel leaves – 2, Betel Nut – 2)
- 1 Coconut
- 2 bannanas
In the evening of the gowri habba day or gowri and ganesha visarjane day-
worship gowri with arishina kumkuma, do the arathi and give Sobalakki to Gowri.
- Arishina kumkuma patna,
- rice ( how much ever you want)
- Arishinada kone 1 to 2
- bellada achchu 1
- blouse piece,
- 2 baLe bichchole( 1 pair)
- 1 coconut
- viLedale adake – 2 and 2
- 2 banana