Soy milk is non dairy, plant based milk which is prepared by soaking the soybeans and grinding it. This soya milk or soy milk can be prepared easily at home. Soya milk is beneficial for people with lactose intolerance. Popular plant based milk substitute are almond and soy milk. Nowadays oats milk is also gaining popularity,
Ingredients for making soy milk:
- 2 tbsp soy beans
- 2 and 1/4 cup water
- Wash and soak the soybeans in 1/4 cup of water)
- Grind the soaked soy beans adding 2 to 4 tbsp water to a fine paste.
- To the paste add 3/4 cup water and strain it to a pan suing strainer or a clean muslin cloth
- Put the pulp back into the mixer jar and repeat the same procure for 3 to 4 times to extract all the milk.
- Boil the soy milk on medium low heat for 8 to 10 minutes stirring in between.
- Once it is cooled completely you can store it in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days