Kokum or punarpuli or murgina huli is usually grown in malnad and karavali region. Kokum is rich in Vitamin C, a good source of magnesium, potassium and magnesium. Kokum has lots of health benefits. It reduces the pitta prakruthi, keeps the body cool. Very best if used in summer days.
Kokum pulp and dried kokum is available in most of the stores. If you are using juice, just add the juice. If you are using the dried kokum, soak it in 2 cups of water and squeeze and extract the juice and discard the kokums.
Interested in Kokam Rasam Recipe: CLICK HERE on KOKAM RASAM
Here is simple and delicious Kokam juice recipe
- 2 tbsp Kokam concentrate
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp sugar or jaggery
- Add sugar to water and let it dissolve
- Now add the kokam concentrate and mix it and the juice is ready
If you are using kokams to make the kokum juice:
- Or soak 7 to 8 kokam for 5 to 6 hours
- Add this water (discard the skin) to the sugar or jaggery water, mix it and juice is readu.
- Amount of sugar or jaggery depends on the sourness of Kokam. So use accordingly.