Menthya Leha is very beneficial to nursing moms and for kids too. Healthy food and proper care is very important for new moms after delivery. Nice calm environment and good care, sathvic food and age old Lehyams and herbs are very important. This Menthya leha is one of them. Good for calcium, iron, increases milk production and vitamins and other nutrients!
Other than new mothers it is very beneficial for everyone!
Health benefits of Fenugreek/methi seeds are humongous. It helps in improves digestion, reduces inflammation, increases milk production in new moms.
Here is very simple and tasty Lehya which should be given to new moms.
For kids and adults nellikayi leha is also beneficial, for the recipe CLICK HERE
Ingredients for making menthya leha:
- ¼ cup methi seeds/menthya /fenugreek seeds
- 1¼ cup water
- ¼ cup ghee
- ½ to ¾ cup jaggery
- Wash and soak the methi seeds in 1 cup of water overnight is preferable.
- Next morning grind the soaked methi seeds with enough water to make a fine paste.
- Transfer this paste to a thick bottom pan, add all the remaining water, keep it on low flame.
- Stir it continuously, after a minute or 2 add ghhe, and jaggery. Mix it well.
- Stir it continuously until the water evaporates and ghee leaves the mix.
- If the jaggery is clean add it directly as shown else clean( melt the jaggery with little water and then strain it through clean cloth or strainer).
- Amount of jaggery depends on your tolerance to handle the bitter taste of menthya. You can add more or reduce the amount.
- Shelf life of this lehya is 2 to 3 days if keep it at room temperature. 10 to 15 days in the refrigerator.
- Eat a tbsp of leha in the empty stomach in the morning.