Nellikai leha recipe with detailed video instructions.
Nellikai/Amla/gooseberry is as we all know rich in vitamin C along with many more nutrients present in it. Whether we eat dry or fresh nellikai, both has same benefits. We already have recipe for Nellikai thokku, now we have this leha recipe. You can prepare leha and thokku and store for the rest of the year. Give this nellikai leha to kids everyday in the morning which helps to improve immunity.
Ingredients for Nellikai Leha:
- 20 nellikai/Amla or
- 5 cup grated nellikai
- 4½ to 5 cup powdered jaggery
- 2 cup water
- Please watch the video for detail explanation to prepare the Leha.
Health benefits of Nelli kaayi/Amla:
- Rich in Vitamin C
- Iron rich Amla helps in preventing anemia
- Anti – inflammatory properties helps to reduce the pain and helps in bone health.
- Improves eye health
- Reduces stress and ageing
- Helps in weight loss
- High antioxidants present in Amla helps in protecting the body from free radicals
- Helps in hair growth, prevents graying of hair
- Purifies blood