Ragi Ambali is one of the extremely nutritious and easier to digest breakfast. It takes just couple of minutes to prepare. You can drink as it is or mix it with buttermilk and drink it .
If you are feeding this ambli to toddlers add little more ghee to it.
Ragi is rich in calcium, iron and fiber. It also contains phytochemicals, which aids in slowing down the digestion process. Ragi’s high levels of niacin help in increasing HDL cholesterol while lowering Triglycerides.
- 3 TBSP ragi flour | FingerMillet FLour
- 1 ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Little ghee(optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in a pan. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Boil this on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Turn off the heat and you can drink this hot porridge or allow it to cool a bit and mix it with butter milk and drink it.
- The consistency of the ambali depends on your liking, so add more liquid if you like or make it like a hot cereal and eat it.