Mango Juice or appekayi saaru video recipe .
Appekaayi is one of the varieties of Mango. The juice which is popularly called appe kayi saaru is very good for health, it improves the appetite and also helps to get good sleep. This is energy drink during this summer season. You don’t have to worry if this variety Mango is not available at your place, you can use regular mango to make this drink. Only requirement is it has to be a sour Mango.
Looking for other saaru recipes? CLICK HERE
- 1 appe kayi or any regular sour Mango or
- ¾ cup grated sour mango
- 1 to 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp jeerige/cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies
- 3 to 4 cups water
- ½ tsp ghee/oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp jeerige / cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing/asafoetida
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
Please watch the video for tips and instructions in Kannada
- Wash and peel the skin and grate the Mango and discard the seed.
- Grind the grated mango with jeera, chillies and little water to a fine consistency.
- Then strain the juice to a pan and put the extract back to the mixer and add water,
- Grind it and strain the juice, repeat this procedure 3 to 4 times and discard the pulp.
- The juice /rasam is sour add more water, add salt accordingly and mix.
- Heat the ghee in a ladle on medium heat.
- Once the ghee is hot enough add mustard seeds, once it pops add jeera and hing.
- Finally add curry leaves and turn off the heat.
- Add this seasoning to the saaru and mix it. Now this raw Mango juice or appekayi saaru is ready to drink.
Benefits of Green Mango:
- Drinking or eating the raw mangoes helps to prevent excessive loss of water from the body.
- Prevents heat stroke
- Rich in Vitamin C
- Even the cooked green Mango has the same benefits….