Hesaru bele payasa or Moong dal payasa is one of the easiest, healthiest kheer. This is one of the traditional payasa with Moong dal and Jaggery. Benefits of Moong dal or yellow mung dal are, they are rich in protein, dietary fiber, potassium and B complex too. This green gram dal or Mung Dal is easy to digest, good for kids, toddlers and elders too.
Benefits of jaggery are rich source of iron, detox the body, purifies the blood and it is immunity booster, provided the jaggery is pure, organic, and dark brown or black.
How to make Badam milk powder? recipe here :
Now come to the recipe of the Payasa,
- ½ cup hesarubele/moong dal
- 3 cup Wate2
- ½ cup jaggery
- ½ cup grated coconut
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp badam milk powder
- 1 tbsp Almond pieces
- 2 pinches cardamom powder
- ½ tbsp cashew pieces
- 15 to 20 raisins
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Wash the dal thoroughly. Take this in a thick bottom pan, add around 2 cups of water. Cook the dal on medium low heat.
- Once the dal is ¾ cooked, add milk. Stir in between.
- Prepare the coconut milk, either grind in in a mixer or add warm water to grated coconut and squeeze the milk to a bowl and keep it ready. Discard the pulp.
- Now to the cooked dal add the coconut milk along with the Badam Powder. Let it boil for a minute or 2.
- Melt the jaggery in a different pan adding ¼ cup water. Let it boil. Clean this by straining through a mesh or cloth.
- Turn off the heat and then add the jaggery syrup and cardamom powder to the payasa. Mix it well.
- Now heat the ghee in a pan, once it is hot enough add almond pieces, cashews and fry it for few seconds . Then add raisins and once the raisins puffs up turn off the heat and add this to the Payasa.
- Hesaru Bele / Moong dal payasa is ready.