Please watch the video for detailed instructions to make Matar kheer – batani payasa.
Festival season is here and want to prepare different payasa for naivedya? Here is the payasam recipe make with fresh peas. bataNi payasa or matar kheer or peas payasa is refreshing, delicious and healthy as well. Try this payasa during this festival season.
Ingredients to make matar kheer batani payasa:
1 cup = 250ml
- ½ cup fresh peas / hasi bataaNi
- 2 tsp ghee
- 10 almonds (5 cut into pieces) and 5 for grinding)
- few raisins
- 1 tsp poppy seeds/gasagase
- 6 cashews
- 1/4 cup or more jaggery
- 1/2 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 cup boiled milk
- 1¼ cup water
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in thick bottom pan on medium low , once hot add chopped almonds, then cashews, when cashews slightly changes the color add raisins, fry it until raisins puffs up, transfer it to a bowl.
- Keep the pan back on stove, add 1 tsp ghee and fry the peas for a minute or 2
- add water, cover it cook it until the peas are well cooked
- Once the peas are cooked, turn off the heat and allow it to cool, then transfer around 3/4 cup peas to the mixer jar.
- dry roast the poppy seeds/gasagase
- Add the roasted gasagase to the peas, grind this along with coconut, cardamom(elakki), and 5 almonds to a fine paste. add water and grind it
- add jaggery to the remaining peas, once it starts to boil add the peas paste and mix it. let it boil for 5 to 6 minutes on medium heat.
- After 5 minutes , add little ghee, mix it and then turn off the heat. let it cool a bit
- Now add milk,. add fried nuts and raisins. mix it well. Peas payasa is ready to serve.