Ragi Milk recipe with detailed video instructions .
Ragi or finger millet is Ragi is rich in calcium, iron and fiber. It also contains phytochemicals, which aids in slowing down the digestion process. Ragi’s high levels of niacin help in increasing HDL cholesterol while lowering Triglycerides.. It is one of the nutritious millet.
Here is the simple yet delicious raagi milk / Finger millet milk recipe.
Ingredients for making ragi milk:
- 3 tbsp ragi / Finger millet
- 1 cardamom
- 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- around 2 cups of water(I have used 2 cups of water in this recipe)
- 1.5 tbsp jaggery
- Wash the ragi thoroughly and soak it with 1/2 cup of water overnight or 6 to 8 hours
- Grind the soaked ragi along with coconut, and cardamom to fine consistency
- strain the ragi milk to a pan, and again grind the pulp adding water. repeat the procedure 3 to 4 times after extracting the milk a couple of times, discard the pulp.
- now add the jaggery or any sweeter of your choice and mix it well.
- Ragi milk is ready to drink.