Ukkarisida Ragi Rotti or finger millet roti is soft, delicious and healthy breakfast. People who wants gluten free roti, this is the one. So soft and aromatic roti, so delicious and easy to make. Ragi is rich in calcium, iron and fiber. It also contains phytochemical, which aids in slowing down the digestion process. Ragi’s high levels of niacin help in increasing HDL cholesterol while lowering Triglycerides. This is filling and good weight loss food.
Enjoy this with any Chutney or sagu or even goes well with gojju.
Ingredients for making ukkarisida ragi rotti:
- 1 cup ragi flour/ finger millet flour
- 1¼ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil or ghee
- Boil the water in a thick bottom pan on medium high heat
- Once it starts to boil reduce the heat and add salt and oil
- then add ragi flour, mix it well.
- Then add ragi flour, mix it well. Turn off the heat, cover it and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes or so take dough and knead it well. Divide the dough into 9 to 10 equal parts.
- Grease and heat the tava on medium high heat
- Take one portion of the dough, make a ball, flatten it , sprinkle some ragi flour on the flat surface, dip the flattened portion and roll it with rolling pin like rotis(chapathi)
- Place the rolled roti on hot tava, once you see bubbles or 40 to 50 seconds . flip it . and let it cook on other side as well. Then flip it again, press it gently.