Banana Dosa or balehannina dosa is another classic breakfast of Malnad region, Whenever you have over ripe banana in your kitchen this is the another tasty dish you can prepare. The other delicious recipes using ripe banana are Banana Idli, Banana Chapathi and banana rotti , banana saasive and Banana Payasa
No fermentation required to make this easy gluten free Banana dosa. Eat this dose with joNi bella, banana seekaraNe or with honey or with maple syrup as well.
Ingredients for Banana dosa:
- 1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 ripe banana
- 1 cup rice 2 tbsp powdered jaggery ( if you don’t like to add jaggery you can skip as well)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 tsp salt to salt to taste
- around 1 cup water
- 2 cardamoms
- Wash and soak the rice in 1 cup of water for minimum 2 hours
- transfer around 1/2 cup of water to a cup and grind the rice along with cardamom, coconut, jaggery to a fine paste
- Now add the banana, salt and pulse it few times, transfer it to a bowl.keep it aside for minimum 1 to 2 hour maximum 3 to 4 hours
- After an hour, … batter is ready to make the dosa
- Grease and heat the tawa on medium low heat.
- Once the tava hot, take a ladleful of batter and pour it in the center and make the dosa
- put some ghee on the dosa and and to the edges as well, cover it and cook it
- Now the dosa ready, remove it and transfer it onto a plate. No need to grease the tava again.
- repeat the same procedure with remaining dosa batter
- we can make around 10 dosa(small) with the given measurement