Bisibele bath is one of the most delicious and unique dish to Karnataka. I believe there is no one in India who never heard of this popular healthy wholesome rice dish. This bisibelebath has everything , protein, fiber, carbohydrates .We use pigeon peas /toor dal as protein source, vegetables, peas and rice as main ingredients. You should try this bisi bele bath to know the taste 🙂 Bisi bele bath is unique and best invention made by us – kannadigas. This is kannada recipe 🙂
This is not sambar rice or sambar sadam.
For Bisibele bath powder recipe check this BISI BELE BATH POWDER,
for millet Bisisble bath click here: Siridhaanya Bisibele Bath
- ¾ cup rice
- ½ cup toor dal
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder(arishina)
- 5 to 6 cups of water
- ½ cup grated coconut
- ½ cup peas(or soak ¼ cup dried peas)
- small lemon size tamarind soaked in water
- 2½ to 3 tsp salt
- 3 to 3½ TBSP bisibele bath powder
- 1 tsp jaggery powder
- 15 to 20 curry leaves
- 2 to 2½ tsp oil
- Little hing/asfoetida
- 1 TBSP ghee
- 1½ tsp mustard seeds
- hand full of Green Beans(30 to 35)
- 2 to 3 small carrots
- 1 kohlrabi/navilu kosu/geddekosu
- 2 small Potato
- Please watch the video above for detailed steps and tips.
- Don’t use capsicum/bell pepper, it will take over the real authentic taste of bisibelebath.
- Do not use Tomato too.
- You can add peanuts, either you fry it along with seasoning or
- cook it with the dal and vegetables.