Cucumber Dosa is one of the dosa varieties of South India, especially prepared in Malnad region of Karnataka.
When it comes to breakfast it is always a question, what to prepare? Everyday we will look for something different. Here is one of the healthy and delicious dosa recipe- a breakfast from malenaadu region of Karnataka. This is Vegan, gluten free, and easy, delicious dosa recipe, no need to ferment the batter.
For other breakfast recipes CLICK ON BREAKFAST RECIPES.
Ingredients for cucumber dosa:
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup rice – wash and soak the rice in 1/2 cup water for 2 hours or more(1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 green chillies
- coriander leaves
- ½ tsp salt or salt to taste
- ¾ tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- oil to make the dosa
Also we need:
- Wash and grate the cucumber ( no need to peel the skin)
- Transfer little water to a cup from the soaked rice, grind it to a fine paste.
- Then add green chillies, jeera, coriander leaves, and cucumber, grind it again to a coarse texture.
- Consistency of the batter should not be too thick or thin, it has to be like a regular dosa batter. so add the water accordingly (Watch the video to know more)
- Now add salt, mix it and keep it aside for 10 minutes, NO NEED To FERMENT the batter
- Grease and heat the tava on medium heat,
- Once the tava is hot enough, take a ladleful of batter, pour it in the center and move the ladle in the circular motion(from the center) to make a circle, put oil on to and the edges, cover it and cook .
- after a minute or so, take out the lid, and you can see the dosa is done, remove it using a turner from the tava, serve it with chutney.
- (no need to flip the dosa and cook, if you want you can cook both sides. if you want crisp dosa, add more oil.)
- You can add coconut while grinding
- you can make around 8 dosa with this measurement