Instant rice shavige Tomato Bath using the Instant rice vermicelli is very easy to make great breakfast, lunch box or tiffin recipe. Traditionally the shavige is prepared by soaking the rice and pressing the noodles using a special shavige making machine which is time consuming . Nowadays we do get the instant readymade rice noodles which makes our life easy 🙂 Here is simple yet delicious tomato shavige bath recipe using instant rice noodles.
This is No Onion, No Garlic, Vegan and can be gluten free if you skip the Hing.
For Vangibath powder recipe click here
Ingredients for making Instant Rice Shavige Tomato Bath:
- Around 200 grams rice shavige/Instant Rice Shavige
- 5 to 6 cups of water
For seasoning or Tomato masale:
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil
- pinch of hing
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp urad dal / 1 tsp chana dal
- 2 to 3 tbsp peanuts
- curry leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of turmeric powder
- 1¼ to 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tsp jaggery
- 4 medium size tomatoes ( cut into small cubes)
- 2.5 to 3 tbsp vangibath powder
- Take the shavige in the big bowl
- Boil 5 to 6 cups of water
- Add this boiling water to the shavige, cover it and keep for 3 to 4 minutes
- Drain the water and keep it side.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, once hot add hing, mustard seeds, after the mustard seeds pops add dals with peanuts.
- Once the dals turns golden brown , transfer it to a plate,
- To the same oil add bay leaves, curry leaves, chopped tomatoes, and turmeric powder, mix it and leave it for 2 to 3 minutes
- Once the Tomatoes are little cooked add vangibath powder, salt, mix it and let it cook until the water evaporates
- Mix it well, and cover it and keep for 5 to 6 minutes
- After 6 minutes….. mix it again and turn off the heat, add chopped coriander leaves and the fried peanuts
- Tomato shavige bath is ready, serves 3 to 5 people