Masala Idli is super easy and tasty recipe, can be prepared with leftover idli Batter. By adding few items, the regular idli can be transformed into a whole new Breakfast item 🙂
Idli batter will get sour the next day. This is the quick and easy solution to left over batter.
Here I am giving the recipe for 2 to 2 ½ cups of Idli batter.
- 2 to 2½ cups Idli batter
- 2TBSP Finely chopped onions
- ½ tsp jeera
- ½ Chopped ginger
- 2 TBSP Chopped coriander leaves and
- 3 to 4 chopped curry leaves
- ½ TBSP chana dal(soak in water for an hour )
- ½ TBSP Moong dal (soak in water for an hour )
- 1 to 2 TBSP grated coconut
- Ghee or oil to grease the idli plate
- Little salt
Please Watch the video for tips and instructions in Kannada
- Drain the water from the dals.
- Add dals and all other ingredients to the idli batter.
- Sprinkle little salt and mix it well.
- Grease the idli plate and pour the idli batter to the plated
- Steam cook either by using the pressure cooker without weight or any idli maker for 13 to 14 minutes on medium high heat.
- Remove the idlis from plate and Enjoy with Coconut chutney, Sambar…