Nugge soppina rotti – Detailed video recipe.
Nugge soppu or Moringa or drumstick leaves are very nutritious. Some of the benefits of these leaves are – these are rich in calcium, iron, Vitamin A,- good for eyes, anti toxic, anti diabetic, anti inflammatory and drinking the juice helps in relieving pain, apply the leaves paste over the piles to relieve pain as well. For pregnant women drumsticks are good not the leaves.
Here is a simple nugge soppina rotti recipe. Try these other rotti as well- banale rotti, cucumber rotti, ukkarisida rotti, ragi rotti, and check our our BREAKFAST RECIPES
Ingredients for nugge soppina rotti:
- 1 bunch / big handful of drumstick leaves( separate each leaf from the stalk)
- wash and drain the water using a colander and keep it ready
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion(a1 small onion)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut 4 green chillies ( finely chopped OR
- 4 to 5 red chilli (crushed OR
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp jeera or cumin seeds
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- oil to make rotti
- Yields 4 to 5 rotti
- keep the water to boil on high heat
- take rice flour in a big bowl, add salt,jeera,chillies , chopped onion, and coconut
- if the leaves are tender and small add as it is or chop once and add the leaves and mix it before adding the water.
- Then add boiling water to the mix and mix it using a spoon.
- cover it and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- The rotti dough is warm enough to handle, mix it again and check the consistency of the dough. ( if it is too hard add water, if it is too sticky add more rice flour and little salt )
To make the Rotti:
- Grease the tava and heat it on medium heat
- to prepare the rotti, banana leaves are the best .
- if it is not available use parchment or baking paper to make the rotti.
- Grease the paper or banana leaf, take a handful of dough, place it on the sheet and pat it with with the palm( grease your palm ) and make a circle as shown.
- place the prepared rotti on the hot tava, leave the paper for few seconds and then gently remove the paper.
- put some oil in the holes and edges cover it and cook it for a minute or so
- Grease the parchment paper again and make the other rotti and keep it ready
- after 1 to 1.5 minutes .. .. rotti is cooked on one side, flip this rotti and cook the other side as well
- Once the rotti is cooked both sides the rotti is ready, Remove it and transfer it on to a plate,.
- repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough
- we can make 4 to 5 rottis with given measurement
- try this rotti with coconut chutney or any chutney of your choice.
- if you want crisp rottis add more oil and cook for little more time .