When you say roti, the first thing comes our mind is wheat roti. The roti I am talking about is Rice Roti. People who wants gluten free roti, this is the one. So soft and aromatic roti, so delicious and easy to make. We call this roti as ukkarisida Rotti / ubbida rotti in kannada. I personally like to eat this rotti wit banana and jaggery mix .If you don’t like to eat sweet side dish you can eat with Gojju, chutney …
- 1 cup rice flour(ಅಕ್ಕಿ ಹಿಟ್ಟು)
- 1 cup water(ನೀರು)
- 1/4 tsp salt(ಉಪ್ಪು)
- 1 tsp oil(ಎಣ್ಣೆ)
- Extra rice flour for dusting(ರೊಟ್ಟಿ ಲಟ್ಟಿಸಲು ಸ್ವಲ್ಪ ಅಕ್ಕಿ ಹಿಟ್ಟು)
For tips and detailed instructions please watch the video :
- Boil one cup of water. Add salt and oil. Then reduce the heat to medium low and add the rice flour.
- Mix it using the back of the ladle or back of a wooden spoon. Then turn off the heat. Cover this with a plate and keep it for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Then transfer it on to a plate. Grease your hand or (wet your hand if the dough is hot) and knead it.
- Knead it until you get the soft dough
- Then take desired amount of dough, make a ball and flatten it. Dip this the rice flour and keep it ready.
- Now roll it with the rolling pin like rotis(chapathi), sprinkle some flour on the surface you are rolling it on. use the dry rice flour when rolling it.
- Grease the skillet and heat it on medium heat. Once it hot(it has to be real hot) place the prepared rotti
- Once you see bubbles on top , flip it and wait for the bubbles or it may puff up. Then flip it again.
- You will see brown spots If you wish, put some oil or ghee on top and remove it from the skillet/tava
- If the dough is dry add some hot water. If it is too soft add some flour and mix it
- You can use Tortilla Press to flatten the rotis