Coconut Burfi / kobbari Mitaayi is a traditional, simple, quick Dessert to satisfy our sweet tooth with a rich coconut flavor. It is an easy to make evergreen sweet in India. This is plain and simple one, but you can also enhance the flavor by adding pineapple and make Pineapple Coconut Burfi or add Mango pulp and make Mango Coconut Burfi.
This recipe yields 12 to 15 pieces.
- 1 cup shredded fresh coconut
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 TBSP Ghee(optional)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Grease the medium size plate with oil/ghee and keep it ready.
- Take the grated coconut in a mixed jar along with water and pulse once or twice.
- Transfer this coconut to the thick bottom pan, add sugar
- Turn on the heat on medium heat and keep mixing it.
- Once you see the mixture getting thick, add little ghee add cardamom powder.(it may take 6 to 7 minutes)
- Mix it and once the mixture separates from the bottom of the pan, turn off the heat and put this on the greased plate.Spread it evenly.
- Let it cool before cutting it into desired shape and size.