Kadlekai Kobbari burfi or peanut dried coconut chikki .
Another chikki recipe with protein rich peanuts and tasty dried coconut. This is the tastiest combination with jaggery. This kadalekai and kobbari chikki is nutritious and boosts energy. Chikki is very popular, addictive sweet made of groundnuts / peanuts and jaggery.
The important step in making this peanut brittle or chikki is the jaggery syrup consistency.
This chikki can be prepared with combination of nuts, you can make til/sesame chikki too.
Ingredients for Kadlekai Kobbari Burfi:
- 1 cup unsalted shelled dry roasted peanuts / kadale kayi
- ¾ cup jaggery
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2.5 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup grated dried coconut
- Ghee to grease the flat plate or surface
Yields around 20 pieces :
- Dry roast the peanuts, remove the skin, once cooled completely, remove the skin and crush it using a rolling pin as shown in the video.
- Dry roast the grated dried coconut until it slightly changes the color, once cooled crush it with your hand.
- Mix it with crushed peanuts.
- Melt the jaggery with water and clean it .
- Take the cleaned jaggery syrup in a thick bottom pan. Heat it on low heat. Once the syrup becomes thick (when you put a drop of syrup to a bowl of water it should not dissolve. or spread)
- Stir it continuously until you get the thread consistency or kambi paaka
- Turn off the heat and add the roasted peanuts and coconut mix. Mix it well and immediately transfer it onto the greases plate. Spread it evenly.
- Grease the rolling pin and roll the burfi/chikki
- Grease the knife and cut the chikki into desired shape and size.