Karjoor Payasa – easy healthy kheer. Karjura/Dates are the best iron rich dry fruit. Using dates we have Dates Ladoo, and here is another healthy recipe Kheer/Payasa. India has lots of festivals and we will prepare the Payasam to offer to god. Making varieties of kheer will be more interesting eat and to even prepare. This Kharjur payasa is an addition to others like Gasagase payasa, Shavige Payasa, Jackfruit payasa..
- ½ cup chopped Dates(ಖರ್ಜೂರ)
- 2 cup milkಹಾಲು)
- ½ cup grated fresh coconut(ಕಾಯಿ ತುರಿ)
- 2 to 3 TBSP jaggery(ಬೆಲ್ಲ)
- 1 to 1½ TBSP ghee(ತುಪ್ಪ)
- 8 to 10 almonds(cut into small pieces)ಬಾದಾಮಿ)
- 6 to 8 Cashews(broken into small pieces)(ಗೋಡಂಬಿ)
- 15 to 20 raisins(ದ್ರಾಕ್ಷಿ)
- ½ cup Warm water(ನೀರು)
- 2 pinches of cardamom powder(ಏಲಕ್ಕಿ ಪುಡಿ)
Please watch the video for tips and detailed instructions.
- Add warm water to the coconut and squeeze the coconut milk or you can grind it in a mixer and take the coconut milk and keep it aside
- Heat the ghee in thick bottom pan and fry almonds, cashews and raisins until the raisins puffs up and nuts turn golden brown, transfer it o a plate
- Place the pan back on the stove and fry the cut dates for a minute and then add coconut milk.
- Let it boil on medium low heat until the dates are cooked well.(takes 1 to 2 minutes)
- Now add the milk and mix it well. Let it boil for 4 to 5 minutes
- Add the jaggery powder and let it boil for a minute and turn the heat off.
- Finally add cardamom powder, fried nuts and raisins. Mix it well.