Rave Unde / Rava Ladoo is one of the oldest, and most popular sweets all over India. This rava unde can be prepared in2 different ways, one is making the sugar syrup and using the fresh coconut. We do have that recipe of fresh coconut rave unde, other variety is hassle free, no syrup rave unde. Here we use the powdered sugar.. My mom makes rave Unde in this way. She uses less sugar, less ghee and no need to worry about the paaka or syrup consistency.
Here in this recipe we use grated dry coconut, If you are interested check this other variety of Rave Unde using fresh coconut .
Easy to do rave unde recipe :
- 1 cup chiroti rave/fine sooji(ಚಿರೋಟಿ ರವೆ)/ sanna rave
- ¾ cup sugar(ಸಕ್ಕರೆ)
- ¼ cup grated dried coconut
- ¼ cup ghee(ತುಪ್ಪ)
- 6 almonds(ಬಾದಾಮಿ ಚೂರುಗಳು)(cut into small pieces)
- 6 cashews(ಗೋಡಂಬಿ ಚೂರುಗಳು) (cut into small pieces)
- 3 cardamom powder(ಏಲಕ್ಕಿ ಪುಡಿ)
- 15 to 20 raisins(ದ್ರಾಕ್ಷಿ)
Yields around 18 rave unde:
- Powder the sugar along with the cardamom
- heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, once hot add almond pieces and then cashew pieces,
- When cashews turns golden color, add raisins, fry it until the raisins puffs up.
- Transfer this to a plate .
- Reduce the heat to low, to the same ghee add rave, roast it until the rave turns golden yellow (it takes around 6 to 7 minutes on low heat),
- now add grated dry coconut. Mix it.
- Once the rave is done, turn off the heat and either transfer this to a bowl or keep stirring for a while even after you turn off the heat to avoid burning of rave , let it cool,
- Once the rave cooled, add powdered sugar, fried nuts and raisins and remaining ghee. Mix it well using your hand
- Take desired amount of the mix and make the ball/ laddu.
- if you are not able to make the unde/ball you can add more ghee, or grind/pulse it in a mixer and make laddu.
- Or sprinkle some milk and make the unde