Shavige payasa is a simple yet tasty kheer. It very popular kheer in all parts of India.From kids to adults will enjoy this Payasam.
- ¼ cup shavige
- 4 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cashew pieces
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom powder
- pinch of saffron soaked in milk
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 2 cups of whole milk
This recipe yields around 1.5 cups of Payasam.
- Fry/roast the shavige /sevai, cashews and raisins separately with a little ghee.
- Keep it aside.
- Boil the milk on a low flame.
- Once it starts boiling, add roasted sevai/shavige.
- Let it boil on medium low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir it in between to prevent the payasam from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- After 15 minutes, add sugar and saffron. Let it boil on a low flame for 5 to 6 more minutes or until it consistency is reached ( sevai cooked well and blends with the milk)
- Turn off the heat and add cardamom powder, fried cashews, and raisins. Mix well.
- Serve hot or cold.