Sweet Wheat flour appam is easy recipe with wheat flour , jaggery, rice flour and banana . Banana is added to enhance the flavor of this appam or paniyaram. This instant appam is prepared during navarathri and deepavali festivals.
Sweet Appam recipe from my friend Shrilaxmi . Please watch the video, Shrilaxmi has demonstrated this Paniyaram recipe.
Ingredients for making sweet appam:
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- ¾ cup powdered jaggery
- around 2 inch banana
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ cup water
- oil to fry the appam
- Take wheat flour, rice flour, jaggery, cardamom powder in big bowl
- mash the banana and add it . Mix it really well.
- now add water little by little and mix it .
- I used around 1/2 cup to get this consistency( water quantity depends on the wheat flour, so add accordingly)
- Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Pour the oil to each appam mould as shown in the video, heat this on medium heat
- Once hot pour small ladleful of batter into each mould
- fry it until the appam turns golden brown on all sides.
- After a minute or so, flip each appam and let it cook on the other side as well.
- Again flip the appam to make sure it is golden brown on all sides. Remove the appam and squeeze the extra oil, transfer it onto a paper towel
- add more oil if needed.
- Add more oil if needed and then continue the same procedure with remaining batter.