Bisi bele bath is purely kannadiga invention. Well balanced spices, the aroma hmm..
You have to try the bisi bele bath to know what I am trying to say here 🙂 To prepare the good bisi bele bath, we do need a perfect powder. Here is the recipe for the bisibele bath powder from my mother.
Ingredients for Bisi Bele Bath Powder:
- 2 TBSP oil
- ¼ cup urad dal
- ¼ cup chana dal
- ¾ cup coriander seeds
- 1o to 15 1 inch cinnamon sticks
- 6 to 8 cloves
- 1 TBSP cumin seeds
- 1 TBSP poppy seeds/gasagase
- ½ tsp methi seeds
- ¾ tsp mustard seeds
- 45 byadagi red chillies
- 20 to 25 guntur dried red chillies
- Please watch the video for the detailed steps.
- Heat the pan on a medium high heat.
- Add oil, then add all the ingredients ( channadal, urad dal, jeera/ cumin seeds, mustard seeds, methi/ menthya/ fenugreek seeds, cinnamon sticks, cloves and both variety red chillies ) except dhania and poppy seeds.
- Fry it until channa dal and urad dal turned into golden brown.
- Once it turned golden brown color, add dhania and poppy seeds. Fry it for a minute.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Then grind this to a fine powder. Put the powder in the pan and mix it really well.
- Now the Authentic Mysore Bisi Bele Bath Powder is ready.
- Store it in a container and use it to make authentic BisiBelebath.