Curry Leaves Masala Rice is quick and easy rice dish. You can use the leftover rice to make this exotic dish. Curry leaves / kadi patta are very flavorful leaves used in seasoning to our delicious side dishes. Apart from the flavor, these are source of iron, calcium, fiber and much more nutrients. It improves the digestion also.
This curry leaves rice is very simple to make and very delicious and healthy. This is one of the easy lunch box recipes.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups of water to cook rice
- ¼ cup tender curry leaves
- ¼ cup fresh/frozen coconut
- 3 pods garlic(medium size) and it is optional
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- 6 to 8 byadgi red chillies
- small lemon size tamarind soaked in water
- 2 TBSP oil
- 10 to 15 cashew pieces
- mustard seeds
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 small tomato cut into pieces
- 1 tsp salt
Health Benefits of Curry leaves:
- Curry Leaves are rich in calcium, iron, and phosphorous.
- Rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E.
- Curry leaves also helps in flushing out the fat from the body.
- helps to lower blood pressure
- Improves digestion
- helps in hair growth
- Helps to increase the good cholesterol
- Prepare the rice with 2 cups of water and little bit of oil, either in pressure cooker or rice cooker.
- Grind curry leaves, coconut, garlic, hing, chillies,turmeric powder, and tamarind by adding a little bit of water to a coarse texture. Keep it aside.
- To prepare the rice:
- Heat 2 TBSP oil in a big pan.
- Fry the cashews until it becomes golden brown, and take it out and keep it aside.
- For the same oil add hing, mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds pops, add onion and fry a little.
- Then add tomatoes and fry it until it becomes tender, now add the grind masala and fry it until it oil leaves the mix.
- Now add the cooked rice, mix well cover it and cook for a minute on a low flame.
- Turn off the heat and now add the fried cashews.
Curry Leaves rice is ready to serve.