Pudina Pulav/mint palav is very easy yet delicious rice dish. Mint helps in digestion, indirectly helps in weight loss in a healthy way.This Mint pulav is quick and easy rice dish, can be prepared with Mint and other ingredients easily available at home. Also, you can use any vegetables or you can make without vegetables too.
Ingredients for Pudina Pulav:
- 3 TBSP oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp turmeric powder
- little jaggery
- 1 cup tightly packed mint leaves
- ¼ cup grated coconut
- ¾ tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 2 one inch cinnamon pieces
- 3 to 6 green chillies
- 1 big carrot cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup fresh/frozen peas
- 1 small potato (cut into cubes, and keep it in the water)
- Also we need
- Pressure cooker
- Please watch the above video for the preparation
Health Benefits of mint:
- Mint leaves are very helpful in keeping the body cool
- Rosmarinic acid present in mint may may help in reducing seasonal allergies due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Removing toxins, cleansing blood
- Mint is helpful in getting rid of bad breath, and whitening the teeth
- You can use any vegetables of your choice or skip.
- If you love onion and Garlic, add cut onion before you fry the masala
- Add Garlic when you grind the masala
- Make sure you cook on medium heat.