Banana / baLehannu Mosaru bajji or banana sasive is popular side dish goes well with rotis, rice and breakfast dishes. This is best recipe especially after the festivals. Very easy, delicious and nutritious Banana Saasive or gojju
Ingredients for making banana sasive:
- 2 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup grated fresh/frozen coconut
- 1/2 cup yogurt/curd
- 1/4 cup water warm it if you are using frozen coconut
- 1/2 to 1 TBSP Jaggery powder
- 2 green chillies
- 1/8 tsp or pinch of mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1 red chilli broken into pieces
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- Little chopped cilantro /coriander leaves to garnish
- Cut the banana into small cubes or small pieces
- Grind coconut,pinch of mustard seeds, green chillies, jaggery along with water to fine paste.
- Mix chopped banana, yogurt/curd in a bowl. To this add the grind masala and salt and mix it well.
- Heat 1/2 tsp ghee in ladle on a medium heat. Add mustard seeds, once it pops add urad dal. Fry it until it turns golden brown. Then add red chillies. Turn off the heat and add curry leaves.
- Pour this prepared seasoning on to the banana, yogurt mix and mix it well. Banana/Balehannina sasive is ready to eat.