Simple Pumpkin Gojju or palya recipe with detailed video instructions . Sweet pumpkin or cheenikai or kumbalakai is very healthy vegetable with enormous health benefits.This sihikumbalakai is highly nutritious and very healthy for growing kids, rich in Vitamin A, good source of fiber which fills your stomach quickly and feels full for longer period.
To name a few amazing benefits of super vegetable winter squash or Sihi kumbalakayi or cheenikai – it is low calorie, high fiber, loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin C. Also a good source of B Complex, copper, potassium and copper as well.
Try this simple sweet pumpkin gojju with rice, rotti, chapathi or as a side dish with rasam rice or sambar rice.
- 3 cups of cut pumpkin pieces
- ¾ cup water
- ½ tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ⅛ tsp hing
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 4 to 5 green chillies( finely chopped or slit)
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
- chopped coriander leaves
- lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, once hot add mustard seeds, after it pops add finely chopped green chillies
- fry it until the chillies becomes little white, then add hing, curry leaves, and turmeric powder and mix it for few seconds
- Then add cut pumpkin pieces, mix it. Cover it and cook it for 1 to 2 minutes on medium low heat.
- after 2 minutes… add water, salt,and mix it well . cover it and cook until the pumpkins are cooked . Make sure to stir in between and check for water as well.
- Once the pumpkins are cooked turn off the heat
- Add chopped coriander leaves, lemon / lime juice( I used 1 TBSP of juice here)
- Mix it well and Pumpkin gojju/palya is ready to serve with rotti, chapathi or rice.