Huli Soppina thove recipe – Huli soppu – huli means sour and soppu is green leaves. Using huli soppu we are making simple thove that is dal. Simple dal recipe. This is no onion , no garlic, vegan and gluten free side dish. Goes well with rice, rotis…
- 1 bunch huli soppu ( as the name says the greens are very sour )
Cooking Dal / bELe:
- 1/2 cup toor dal / togari bELe
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Little oil
- 1.5 cup water
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp hing
- 3 green chillies or
- 1/4 tsp jeerige menasina pudi
- 1/2 tsp salt or salt to taste
- few curry leaves
- Wash and pick the leaves and discard the stem. Finely chop and keep it ready
- Wash and pressure cook the dal / bELe along with 1.5 cups of water, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and little oil on medium heat,
- Turn off heat after 3 whistles.
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan on medium heat., once hot add mustard seeds, after it sputters add jeera, turmeric powder and hing, mix it
- Add chopped huLi soppu and fry it for a minute or 2.
- Once the greens are cooked, add cooked dal, salt, chopped green chillies or jeerige menasina pudi, and curry leaves, mix it well and let it boil for 5 to 6 minutes on medium low heat
- After 5 to 6 minutes, thovve is done, turn off the heat and Serve with rice rotti, roti….