Kosambari is the simple side dish and must to do festival dish. Very healthy and very easy to make kosambari can be a good morning breakfast. Full of protein, fiber, carb and energy, best food for weight loss regime.
Here we have kadale bele / Chana dal / bengal gram dal kosamberi with carrots.
For hesaru bele /Sautekaayi Moong dal Kosambari CLICK HERE
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 to 3 TBSP channa dal/ kadale bele (soaked for 3 to 4 hours)
- 2 to 3 TBSP chopped cilantro / coriander leaves(ಕೊತ್ತಂಬರಿ ಸೊಪ್ಪು )
- ¼ cup grated fresh coconut(ಕಾಯಿ ತುರಿ )
- Little more than ¼ tsp salt (ಉಪ್ಪು )
- Juice of half lemon
- 2 teaspoon oil(ಎಣ್ಣೆ)
- ½ mustard seeds(ಸಾಸಿವೆ)
- 2 to 3 green chillies cut into small pieces(ಹಸಿರು ಮೆಣಸಿನ ಕಾಯಿ )
- little hing/asafetida(ಇಂಗು )
- Drain the water from the soaked dal. Combine the dal, grated carrot, coconut, salt and chopped coriander leaves in a bowl.
- Heat the oil on medium heat in a ladle.
- Add hing, mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds pops, add green chillies.
- Fry it until it turns little white .
- Turn off the heat and add this prepared seasoning dals and carrot, mix well.
- If you like squeeze little lemon juice as well.
- Kadale bele kosambari is ready to eat!