Green Mango Gojju is simple dish with out coconut. Also,Green mango gojju is healthy dish with minimum ingredients.
Some of the health benefits of this super healthy Green Mango / mavina kayi are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. Eating green mango with salt during the summer time helps to prevent water loss from the body. It helps in reducing liver problems and cleans the bacterial infections in the intestine. It is amazing that the nature gives us the right vegetables and fruits to take care of our body for seasonal changes. Green Mango is available usually during early summer, eating this will keep us hydrated, likewise eating Ellu Bella in Sankrathi keep us away from the dryness of skin.
This recipe is No Onion, No Garlic and No coconut.
- 1 medium size green mango(ಮಾವಿನಕಾಯಿ)
- 1 to 2 cups of water
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 TBSP oil
- Hing/asafoetida (ಇಂಗು)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (ಸಾಸಿವೆ)
- 2 green chillies cut into 2 pieces
- Few curry leaves
Watch video for instructions in Kannada!
- Wash and pressure cook the whole mango (along with seed and skin) with 1 to 2 cups of water for 3 whistles.
- (1 cup if you need thick gojju, 2 cups for more liquid consistency)
If you are not using the pressure cooker:
- Cook the mango in a medium pan. Add water until it covers the mango.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Now squeeze the pulp and discard the skin and the seed.
- Add salt and mix well.
Prepare the seasoning:
- Heat the oil in a ladle on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add hing, mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds pop, add green chillies and let this turn white.
- Turn off the heat and add curry leaves.
- Add the seasoning to the mango pulp.
- Squeeze the chillies to make it more spicy. (don’t forget to wash your hands)
- Now the Mango gojju is ready.
If want you can add little bit of jaggery to balance the sourness of mango