Rava Vada or Sooji vada is instant vade and very easy to prepare compared to traditional urad dal vade which requires soaking, and grinding. So whenever you feel like eating vada, this instant rave vade is the answer.Try this winter this Semolina vadai – a perfect evening snack with hot cup of Filter Coffee or Tea.
This Rave vada is no onion no garlic dish, but if you like you can add chopped onion.
- 1 cup chiroti rava or fine sooji / fine semolina
- ¾ cup curd/yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 to 4 Chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Chopped curry leaves
- Chopped ½ inch ginger
- 2 tbsp coconut pieces
- 1 tsp ghee
- Oil to fry the vada
- Keep a small bowl of water to dip your hand to make the vada shape.
Yields around 20 Vade:
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl along with the ghee.
- Then add coconut pieces, coriander leaves, curry leaves, and ginger. Mix it.
- Add the yogurt and mix it well. Keep it aside for 20 to 25 minutes.
To make the Vade:
- Heat the required amount of oil in a pan on medium heat to fry the vade.
- dip your fingers in the water, take desired amount of the vada dough/batter. Make a ball, flatten it and make a whole in the center. ( please watch the video )
- Once the oil is hot enough( to check drop a little dough in the oil, it has to come up immediately)
- dip your fingers in the water, take desired amount of the vada dough/batter. Make a ball, flatten it and make a whole in the center. ( please watch the video ) put this gently and carefully into the hot oil.
- Prepare few more and add it to the oil(number depends on the amount of oil you are using)Make sure to wet your hand every time you make the vada which helps you to get the perfect shape.
- Flip the vadas and fry it until the vada turn golden brown on all the sides,
- Remove it from the oil and transfer it onto a colander or paper towel.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough.
- Enjoy the hot vade with coconut chutney, kids love this Vada with ketchup or eat as it is.