Cabbage pakoda is perfect fried snack with a cup of coffee or tea on a winter evening. These crispy cabbage pakoras are made with cabbage / kosu, fine sooji / rava and spices.
Try this easy no onion no garlic cabbage pakoda.
Ingredients for making cabbage Pakoda:
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage( wash and keep it ready)
- 2 tbsp cashew pieces(optional)
- 1.5 tsp grated ginger
- 3/4 cup chiroti rave / fine rava / fine sooji
- 1.5 tbsp besan / kadle hittu
- 1.5 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 2.5 tbsp oil for the dough
- 5 finely chopped green chillies(more or less)
- oil to fry the pakoda
- Heat 2.5 tbsp oil in a ladle
- Take rave, besan, rice flour in a bowl and add the hot oil, mix it with spoon first and then mix it with hand
- Then add cashew pieces, green chillies, ginger, salt, cabbage and mix it really well to make a dough as shown. No need to add water
- Heat the oil to fry in a pan on medium heat
- once the oil is hot(check by adding little dough it has to come up immediately)
- Gently drop around a spoonful of dough into the hot oil. add few more depending on the quantity of the oil used
- Fry it until pakoda turns golden brown on all sides. Keep stirring the ladle/spatula to fry evenly.
- Once done remove it using the ladle onto a paper towel
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough