Cucumber Sev – Easy and crispy, crunchy snack to go with a cup of coffee tea.
Made with simple ingredients such as rice flour, cucumber and spices. This southekai kharada kaddi or Cucumber Sev is Gluten free and vegan snack. Try this easy Sev recipe and share your feedback!
You can check these Sev or kharada kaddi recipes as well ( click on the recipe for the link) –
Taro Root Sev Kesuvina gedde Sev
Spicy Mixture Recipe
And more snacks HERE
Ingredients for making cucumber Sev:
- 2 cucumber
- around 1.5 cup rice flour( quantity depends on the juice from cucumber)
- 1/4 tsp jeerige menasina pudi or
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red chilli powder or
- 3 to 5 green chillies
- 3/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp omkaLu /ajwain
- Also we need chakli press with Sev disc.
- Wash and peel the skin. Grate it and grind it to a fine paste
- Transfer the juice to a bowl (~1 1.4 cup of cucumber juice)
- Add ajwain, salt, chilli powder and mix it.
- Then add rice flour little by little, mix it and make a soft dough.(I have used around 1 1/4 cup +2 tbsp rice flour)
- Grease the chakli press, use the sev disc , assemble and place the dough , close it as shown
To Fry the sev:
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium low heat
- once the oil is hot enough – check by adding little dough, it has to come up immediately
- directly press the sev to the hot oil as shown in the video
- Flip it to the other side and fry it until it turns golden brown on both sides
- Once bubbles are subsided and turned golden brown, remove it and transfer it onto a paper towel/colander
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough.