Jackfruit chips or halasina kayi chips are very delicious, crunchy, crispy snack made from half ripe jackfruit. This chips are made from fully matured and almost about to ripe jackfruit.
- Half ripe jackfruit cut in lengthwise
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
- pepper OR
- Red chilli powder
- Cut the jackfruit please watch this video for “How to cut jackfruit’
- Remove the seeds, cut in lengthwise as shown in the above video.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Fry the cut jackfruits until it turns golden yellow , keep stirring
- Remove the chips using a perforated ladle onto a colander. ( it takes around 3 to 4 minutes for a batch)
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining cut jackfruit.
- Take desired amount of fried chips, add salt and pepper powder, mix it.
- For the pepper chips don’t add hing.
- Likewise you can add only salt to the fried chips.
- For the red chilli powder chips along with chili powder and salt, add hing too.
- Mix well and enjoy.
- You can store it in a airtight container for months.