Jolada chakli or jowar flour chakli is chakli using Jolada hittu or sorghum flour . This is the vegan gluten free, instant chakli recipe .
Chakli is a very popular evergreen snack of South India.
- 1.5 cup joLada hittu / jowar flour / sorghum, flour
- 1/2 cup hurigadale hittu / fried gram / roasted chana
- powder the hurigadale/putani and keep it ready
- 1/8 tsp hing/asafetida(if you are looking for gluten free hing you can buy this from amazon.com
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1¼ to 1.5 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- around 1 cup water( use only as needed )
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter or ghee or 1.5 tsp any oil
- oil to fry
Also we need :
- Now add oil, mix it well before adding water.
- Combine jowar flour, hurigadale hittu, salt, cumin seeds, chilli powder and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- now add water little by little to make the chakli dough, it has be soft dough.
- i used around 3/4 cup water.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat
- we need the chakli press with chakli disc or muchchore disc works fine too.
- Assemble press with chakli disc, grease the press, place the dough in the press and close it.
- oil is hot enough (to check add little dough into the oil and it has to come up as shown)
- Now directly press the chakli (like benne murukku) into the hot oil.
- after a minute mix it gently and if or once the chakli is little hard flip it to the other side.
- once all the bubbles subsides and it turns light golden brown , remove it using the perforated ladle on to a paper towel
- repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough
- once cooled completely store it in a airtight container and enjoy this with a hot cup of tea/ coffee