Kadle Bele usli or gugguri Chana dal Ulsi / kadlebele Sundal is a nutritional snack with high protein and fiber rich. It is quick and simple to make. Navaratri is here. Make this simple yet tasty snack to offer to god and distribute among the invitees.
Ingredients for kadle bele usli:
- 1 cup chana dal/kadle beLe/Split Bengal gram
- 1½ cup water
- ¾ to 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- ¼ to ½ cup grated fresh/frozen coconut more if you like
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- handful of chopped coriander leave
- 1½ tbsp oil
- ¾ tsp mustard seeds
- pinch of Hing / generous amount if you are using powder hing
- 2 to 3 green chillies cut into pieces
- Wash and pressure cook the chana dal with water and salt on medium heat.( 2 to 3 whistles)
- Cooked Dal should not be very soft or very hard.
- Drain the excess water.(you can use this water for making rasam)
- Heat the oil in a big pan .
- Add hing and mustard seeds, let it pop.
- Now add chillies. Then add the chana dal, curry leaves and mix it.
- Let it cook for minute to absorb the seasoning.
- Finally, before turning off the stove add cilantro/coriander leaves and coconut and mix well.
- Chana Dal Usli or Sundal is ready.
- if you think the dal is not cooked well add the water( the drained from cooked bele) cover it and cook it until the water evaporates