Maddur Vade is a very popular snack which is very unique to the state of Karnataka. This has the right amount of crispiness to make this snack an all time favorite. The name comes from the the town Maddur, which is located between the cities of Mysore and Bangalore. If you ever travel or travelled between Mysore and Bengaluru in Train, you will know what is Maddur vade and why it is so famous.
Here is the recipe to make this mouth watering Madduru vade at home 🙂
Ingredients for Maddur Vade:
- 1 cup rice flour(ಅಕ್ಕಿ ಹಿಟ್ಟು)
- 1/2 cup coarse rava(ಉಪ್ಪಿಟ್ಟಿನ ರವೆ )
- 2 TBSP maida/all purpose flour(ಮೈದಾ)
- 2 medium size onion cut into small pieces /or 1.5 cup finely chopped onion(ಈರುಳ್ಳಿ)
- 2 to 3 green chillies (finely chopped) or more(ಹಸಿರು ಮೆಣಸಿನಕಾಯಿ)
- 1 tsp salt(ಉಪ್ಪು)
- 1 to 1.5 TBSP chilli powder(ಅಚ್ಛಮೆಣಸಿನ ಪುಡಿ)
- 5 to 10 curry leaves (chopped)(ಕರಿಬೇವು)
- ¾ cup water(ನೀರು)
- 3 TBSP oil for dough(ಎಣ್ಣೆ ಹಿಟ್ಟಿಗೆ)
- Oil to fry(ಕರೆಯಲು)
Makes around 25 Maddur Vade.
- For detailed demonstration of how to do Maddur Vade, please watch the video above.
Enjoy the Maddur vada with Coconut Chutney. Perfect snack for winter, with a cup of Coffee or Tea.