Masala Ambode is another addictive healthy deep fried evening snack. Ambode/Dal vada are always a evergreen snack which are very appetizing and satisfying. These are crunchy out side and soft inside snacks, perfect evening coffee or Tea companion. If you prepare the vadas as soon as you prepare the mix, it absorbs less oil, what I call this snack a guilt free healthy treat. Kids love the Ambode with tomato ketch up. It is extremely nutritious with very high protein and fiber content.
Ingredients for Masala Ambode:
- 1 cup Chana dal (Kadale bele)
- 10 to 15 Curry leaves (karibevu)
- 3 TBSP Chopped Cilantro (Kothambari)
- 4 red chilles
- 4 green chilles
- 1/2 cup choppen onion
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 2 inches ginger
- 1 1/4 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Aniseeds (Soompu)
- 3 to 4 TBSP grated coconut
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped dill leaves (sabsige soppu)
- Oil to fry
- Please watch the video for detail explanation for making Masala Ambode.
If you are not able to make the ball
- if the mix is dry – add little by little water until your able to make it to a ball
- If the mix is soggy, add little besan (kadale hittu) or rice flour and mix it.