Vegetable pakora or mixed veg pakodas with detailed video instructions.Another simple yet delicious evening snack Vegetable pakoras / pakodas. Pakoras or vegetable fritters are very popular Indian snack. Try this Vegan snack with green chutney or sauce.
Easy to make, spicy, crispy winter time or rainy season snack and best party / get together appetizer.
You should try our onion pakoda, cabbage pakoda and other mouthwatering snacks as well.
Ingredients for making vegetable pakoras:
- 3/4 cup sanna rave / chiroti rave / fine sooji
- 1/4 cup grated coconut (optional)
- 1.5 tbsp kadle hittu / besan / chana besan
- 1.5 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ajwain / omkaaLu
- pinch of hing
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 5 finely chopped green chillies( quantity depends on your spice intake and the chilli
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped carrots, green beans, cabbage, and onion
- 2 to 3 tbsp finely chopped mint ( you can use spinach or dill leaves or methi leaves)
- 2.5 tbsp oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp water
- Enough oil to deep fry pakoda
- Take rava in a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix it well
- Heat 2.5 tbsp oil in a ladle and add that to the mix. since the oil is very hot use the spoon to combine, then mix thoroughly with hand
- To this add chopped vegetables, coconut, and ginger . mix it well without adding water, then sprinkle the water to make the dough as shown. I have used 2 tbsp of water.
To fry the pakoda:
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadai on medium low heat to deep fry the pakoda
- Take around 1 to 1.5 tbsp of the dough and shape as you desire(oval or ball or flat as ambode)
- Once the oil is hot (check by adding little pakoda mix, it has to come up immediately) add the prepared pakoras (number of pakoras you can fry at a time depends on the quantity of the oil you are using)
- Fry it stirring constantly until all sides turn golden brown.
- Once the pakoras turn golden brown, remove from oil and transfer it onto a paper towel or colander.
- Follow the same procedure with the remaining pakora mix
- we can make around 30 vegetable pakodas with the given measurement.
- Serve the pakoras with sauce, chutney or you can savor as it is .