Set dosa recipe using sabudana or tapioca pearls. As the name says these soft, spongy dosas are served in set of 2. Try this easy and hotel style set dosa at home with Potato sagu or Vegetable Sagu or this simple tomato onion chutney.
want to try different varieties of dosa CLICK HERE ON DOSA RECIPES
Ingredients for making Set dosa:
- 1.5 cup rice(sona masoori or dosa rice also works fine)
- 1/2 cup seemeakki/sabbakki
- 1 tbsp uddina bele /split black gram / urad dal(optional)
- 2 tbsp gatti avalakki / thick Poha
- 1/2 tbsp methi seeds/fenugreek seeds
- 3 cup water ( to soak and grind)
- 1/2 tbsp salt or salt to taste
- oil to make dosa
- Wash all the ingredients in a bowl and soaked in 3 cups of water for 6 hours or overnight)
- Transfer some water to a cup and grind the soaked ingredients toa fine paste. Add this water if needed . Cover it and keep it aside for 6 to 8 hours for fermentation
- Add salt to the fermented batter and mix it really well.
To make the Dosa:
- Grease and heat the tava/skillet on medium heat
- Take a ladleful of batter and pour it in the center, do not spread.Now keep the heat to medium low
- put little oil or ghee on top and flip it to the other side. cook it for few seconds
- once the dosa is cooked well on both sides remove it and transfer it to a plate.
- repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter. grease the tava only if needed)