Uttapam or ootththappam is a thick dosa with variety toppings. From simple onion only uttappa to mixed vegetable uttappams can be very spicy but it is flavorful and delicious. Here in this recipe we have used carrot, onion, and tomato along with chillies for spice.
- Dosa batter ( any left over dosa batter)
- finely chopped onion
- finely chopped tomato
- grated carrot
- finely chopped coriander leaves
- finely chopped green chillies
- ghee or oil to make dosa
- Quantities of each ingredients depends on how much batter you have and how many dosae you prepare.
- Iron tava
Here is the link to Dosa batter:
- How to make Set Dosa (recommended)
- How to make Masala DOsa
- How to make Sada Dosa
- How to make Khali dosa
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and keep it ready.
- Grease and heat the tava on medium heat,
- Once the kavali is hot pour ladle full of idli batter( don’t spread the batter)
- Take the vegetable mix and spread it on top of the dosa as shown
- Put some ghee or butter or oil, cover it and cook it on medium low heat until the bottom turns golden color
- Now the dosa is ready, remove it from the tava and eat 🙂 no need to cook both sides.