Balakada menasina kayi / curd chili / majjige menasina kayi / Sandige menasu / uppu hachchida Mensinakayi is one of the summer special sun dried stuffs. This recipe calls for long green chillies which are less spicy.
These balaka Menasinakayi can be prepared in large quantities and can be stored in airtight container and shallow or deep fry this and eat it whenever you want to eat year around 🙂
- ¼ kg or 45 to 50 green chillies
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- 2 TBSP salt
- 2 tsp methi powder(dry roast the menthya and then powder it
- 1 tsp jeera powder
Please Watch the video for tips and instructions in Kannada
- Wash and dry the green chilies and keep it ready.
- Mix curd, methi powder and jeera powder in a bowl.Now the curd is ready.
- SLit the green chili on one side, fill it up with the curd and put it in the yogurt/curd OR
- Slit both sides (please watch video) and put it in the curd.
- Once all the chilies are done, mix it and cover it.keep it aside for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Next morning, spread soaked chilies on a big plate. Sundry this the whole day.
- If you are left with any yogurt keep it in the refrigerator.
- In the evening , put this dried chilies back in the remaining curd, Mix it and cover it and keep it side overnight.
- Again next morning keep these chilies to dry under sun.
- (if you are left with curd again follow the same procedure)
- Once the chilies are dried completely store it in a airtight container and used when needed.