Basale soppina tambuli or Mangalore spinach tambli is very delicious healthy addition to your everyday meal.
Nutritionally rich Mangalore Spinach or malabar spinach greens are good source of Vitamin A, B1, B2 B6 and iron, calcium . This Soppu has cooling effect on the body.
When you have mouth ulcers this is the one to chew on. This is the healing herb for the mouth ulcers. Malabar spinach or basale plant is very easy to grow in your backyard. Just plant the thick stem in the soil and you will have the plant.
To have a balanced diet we have to include leafy green vegetables in our diet at least 3 to 4 times a week.
Tambli or tambuli is healthy addition to your diet. Along with the basle benefits we have the yogurt or curd which is a probiotic food.
Here is the simple recipe to Basale Soppina tambli.
Most of our recipes and dishes are naturally gluten free.
Chutney is another easiest and tastiest way of incorporating lots of greens in the diet.
Ingredients for Making Tambuli:
- big handful of basale soppu(wash and dry it on the towel)
- 1 tsp jeera
- 15 to 20 black pepper
- ½ to ¾ tsp salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 cup curd/yogurt or 1.5 cup buttermilk
- ¼ to ½ cup water(if using the curd)
- 2 to 3 tsp oil (To saute and for seasoning:)
- ¼ TSP MUSTARD SEEDS
- ½ tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 red chilli
- Chop the leaves- 1 to 1.5 cups of chopped leaves
- Heat ½ tsp oil in a pan on medium heat, add jeera, then pepper, fry it a little.
- Then add chopped leaves, saute it until the leaves becomes tender(may take about 4 to 5 minutes)
- Now add coconut, stir it and turn off the heat. allow it to cool.
- Grind it to a fine paste adding just enough water.
- Add this to curd or buttermilk along with salt. rinse the mixer jar with some water and add that too. I have used around 3/4 cup water here. mix it well.
- Heat the remaining oil in a ladle on medium heat. once hot add mustard seeds, after it splutters add jeera. Add red chilli and turn off the heat.
- Add the seasoning to the tambuli, mix it and eat it with rice.