Brahmi Tambuli – recipe with detailed video instruction in Kannada.
Tambulis are one of the important side dishes in our everyday meal. Whether it is winter or summer, this dish balances our body. Easy to make and yet simply delicious tambulis can be prepared with any greens and even with spices like jeera, coriander seeds, menthya….
Here we have Brahmi/ondelaga tambli recipe.
Ingredients to make Brahmi Tambuli:
- Ondelaga 40 to 50 leaves / handful
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- ½ cup curd or buttermilk
- 10 to 15 pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- around 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt / salt to taste
- 1 to 2 tsp ghee
- ½ tsp mustard
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
Please watch video for tips and instructions in Kannada
- Fry pepper and jeera in a pan with little ghee until jeera turns golden brown
- Grind ondelaga leaves, grated coconut, fried pepper, jeera, then add little water and grind.
- Add curd to the above paste( skip this step if you are using buttermilk) and grind a little
- Pour it to a serving bowl if the thambuli is thick add little water
- Heat the ghee in a ladle on medium heat.
- put mustered to the hot ghee, when mustard pops add jeera, switch off stove
- Add hot seasoning to the thambuli
- Mix it well and thambuli is ready.