Chakramuni soppina tambuli recipe with detailed video instructions.
Chakramuni is a multi vitamin greens, especially rich in Vitamin B and E. This is the reason why this chakramuni leaves are also known as Vitamin leaves/greens. It is very dark green plant, the leaves looks more like curry leaves. You can use this greens to make sambar, parota, and chakramuni soppina chutney . Here we have a recipe for tambuli – chakramuni greens in yogurt.
Ingredients for making chakramuni soppina tambuli:
- Big handful of chakramuni leaves
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 green chillies
- 10 to 15 pepper
- ¾ tsp jeera
- ½ cup grated coconut
- 2 tsp ghee
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp jeera / cumin seeds
Also we need:
- ½ cup curd / yogurt(preferably sour)
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- Wash and separate the leaves from the stem and keep it ready.
- Heat tsp of ghee in a pan on medium low heat. Once hot add pepper, fry it.
- Add around ¾ tsp jeera and green chilli. Then add the washed soppu / greens. Fry it until the raw smell disappears. Takes about 3 to 4 minutes,
- Turn off the heat and add grated coconut. Mix it and allow it to cool.
- Grind along with salt and water to a fine paste. Then add curd, pulse it once or twice.
- Transfer tambli to a bowl.
- For seasoning:
- Heat remaining ghee in a ladle on medium heat. Once hot add mustard seeds.
- After it sputters add jeera, fry it for few seconds and turn off the heat, add this seasoning to the prepared tambuli, Mix it well and serve this tambuli with rice ..